Wednesday, December 16, 2009

healing wings




A while ago I began some watercolours under the the general title of 'the healing wing' drawn from 'he shall rise with healing in his wings'.
To source some new drawings I retreated to a non place to draw.
it is the place in the film clip above
In my drawing book I wrote -

15 Nov 2009
under big trees in heavy wind
without possessions
under the power of the wind

not looking for revelation
only detachment from the domestic

lying in the dry leaves I drew healing wings
pages and pages of them

Those November watercolours failed
Today I found the drawings and began two paintings based on the text and the pages in the drawing book. Like the watercolours the paintings today are wrong
I have never painted such wings before
I will pursue them to see if they are paintable.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts