Saturday, September 11, 2010

preview - a flyer extract


developments

I look over my shoulder and catch sight of the various pictures and sculpture that have materialized over recent months, Painting for me is not a systematic, it is an organic expansion of feeling that can have meaning when viewed retrospectively. Graphic notes (drawings) that were important and had local meaning to me I have developed further. 
The medium and the subjects are on the whole familiar, well worn in previous work. The amount of erasure and wiping out that has occurred in the making of these pieces would indicate to me that they are not copies of earlier ideas, rather they are a visual indicators of a  change in thinking over time. The validity of a chair remains over time while its form continually morphs: likewise do my motifs.

an extract from the Exhibition flyer/handout for October 09.