Friday, November 26, 2010

Drawing 43

Drawing #43

The later drawing were more and more abstract.

How to translate them into form presented some difficulties, but the idea of inserting material into a vitrine could be the answer.

Some years ago I was commissioned to make a glass door with painted glass. By fitting the glass with two sheets of glass, I was able to paint half the image on each sheet, then as one moved the images also moved in relation to each other with interesting effects.

Here I will use a similar ploy, painting on the glass front and back and this time inserting items suspended in the vitrine as the rough and ready movie tries to show.

These models I have made this week are to help me to make assessments before committing to a larger and more finished work. The question of size and material is at present unresolved.