Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Arcadia



Recently, I made myself eight panels from some old, very stable 15mm French plywood - I rounded the edges and covered them with cotton. These were then primed a number of times and sanded smooth. They measure about 375 x 275 and looked very inviting.


I painted eight pictures with an Arcadian flavour! These were in oil but painted more like watercolours as I chose transparent pigments and laid them thinly over each other to multiply the colour. I will finish them with some gloss medium to make them shine.


I find them rather pleasing. I had no source material, I drew in an exploratory way in pencil, placed some colour here and there and developed them as I felt they needed.