Monday, December 5, 2011

Direct painting


 Couple on Yellow
Today (Saturday) I have worked on two paintings, this one in the afternoon. I like to clean the palette between pictures to keep the pictures fresh, old colour can influence me and taint the new colours - at least I find it so and that is how I work.
I favour a bold approach in order to achieve the most spontaneous effects working wet colour over dry. This piece has been worked on twice now and will need another session at least to solve all the remaining problems. The conflict is between simple and complex, time brings on complexity in the piece and then eradication occurs with swathes of new colour that reshapes things and so the cycle continues.
Once a colour combination with acceptable forms are arrived at finer issues can be addressed but with the same method.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts