Monday, January 2, 2012

Matters of the heart


This is a small painting, about A4 in size and not shown on this blog until today. It has been at this stage for a week or so and left for me to review. When to leave a painting is difficult - yet as soon as I say difficult - that makes it a matter for the intellect and I question such a statement when one paints from the heart. The question I pose to my mind (intellect) as I analyse the painting is 'is this image true to the sensation of my heart?'
From experience I find my mind is more tuned to public opinion, reason and reputation while the heart is a little on the wild side. The mind is not best placed to judge the work and therein is the difficulty for one is so easily ruined by the heart!
The older I get painting becomes simultaneously easier and difficult. Thinking less makes painting easy, thinking can cloud the issue so maybe wisdom is a friend who will judge the work of my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Looks finished to me. No question, 100% trust the heart. Cleverness is overrated. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

please share your thoughts