Friday, March 9, 2012

Three ages


Digital art

I have acquired an i pad, but have no inclination to draw on it - making me feel rather out of fashion.
Even so, the piece above is a digital file I made in 'Illustrator' which a vector package by Adobe about eight years ago, and always kept the file because I liked it so much. Vector drawings are very controlled and allow precise shapes and fills, I like the format.
All through art history are scattered pictures about the three ages of man, youth, middle and old age - and this is an abstract attempt at the same.
It was never printed or shown till today.
Paul Rand said that good art and design was the perfect balance of form and content. Maybe this attempt is an attempt at that very goal - without the brush marks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts