Saturday, March 3, 2012

Highly charged



I am always surprised by the past, this from the early '90s is no exception.
I often used television as an inspiration source and always latched on to contemporary dance as priority. Poised in front of the 14" TV with a tripod and a 35mm film camera I would shoot of a roll of film in the hope of catching something worthwhile. This picture came from such a roll of film.
The composition is radical and clearly theatrical, the pose, or the movement is highly charged. That expanse of darkness took an age to get it sufficiently interesting enough to hold up as the major part in the plot and minimal work at the base generated a deeper space.
I was pleased to see it again and be reminded of old battles with space and colour - and be a little pleased with my efforts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts