Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Archive 02


Working

The detail above is from a study for 'picking peas', an idea that occupied me for some time during the mid 90s. The idea continued into 2011 when a series then contained a 'working' module and this early material was much in mind.(see also)
More recently at last weeks studio show I sold a coloured drawing from that original development work that was titled 'Dark side of fresh air'. (below) I am minded how in those days I was pushing hard and figures in action, asking how I could accentuate the sensation while maintaining a real forms. This experimental gouache has been with me over the years as a reminder of those efforts, not least because it fed into a whole raft of ideas and paintings in subsequent years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts