Friday, June 15, 2012

Casa Volpi


The dining rooms at Casa Volpi


We recently stayed at a hotel in Arezzo called Casa Volpi. While there we ate in the hotel restaurant and I drew for myself and impression of those rooms and the view beyond of the hotel gardens and Arezzo. This image is the beginning of a colour realization of that drawing experience.
I often question myself on the integrity of my approach to work. I am not here seeking any high art style or invention, I merely want to experiment with the possibility of recreating the Casa Volpi moment. I want to max out the sensation of eating pigeon and red wine in the warm sunshine of a Tuscan evening to as many viewers as I can. With such skills and equipment that I have, I will marshal them to that end.
Whether you will smell the pigeon is another matter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts