Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Train


It is well documented that Leonardo da Vinci used smudges and random dots to launch new landscapes and paintings
I conclude that its never a bad thing to to follow in the footsteps of the masters, and I have found this game a help in the past.
I have in mind to paint another train, and they are prone to a predictability that needs to be broken, so smudges are the thing for today.
The canvas is 1.2M wide and I have no compositional drawings. I mix some red oxide litho ink to a thin (single cream) consistency and apply quickly and thoughtfully with a rag.
It is done, or at least this stage is done.
It has a fantastic theatrical drama about it - put to one side I will contemplate colour while doing other things.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts