Wednesday, August 1, 2012

On faith, flight and a following wind


On faith, flight and following winds.

Shown above is Fight, a painting from 2009 and one that depicts a current state of mind.

I have battled with a large new picture for two days to the point where I doubt its worth. Only a glimmer of hope sustains a continuing investment of time and effort for which I may get a return.
I continue to face questions.

What is past and what is now?
What to destroy and what to keep?
What is me and what is them?

While these questions are a bane, they are the proof of life and vigour in a work.

Historically, faith benefited from adversity.
Pilots take off into a head wind to maximise lift.
Difficulty can be better than a following wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts