Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts


Norwich University East Anglia
Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts
This is a favourite place, I always try to call in here if I am in the city, yesterday was no exception.
Alright, there is hardly any colour in there, but the juxtaposition of primitive/ancient with contemporary art in grays and neutrals is overwhelming.
The removal of the patron (almost) allows fresh air to blow through; work from devotion is exquisite.
Soutine and Bomberg, Mayan and Moore, Thailand and Africa all share the floor. Superb pieces - superb space (Foster)
It melts and enthuses all at the same time.
I can only allow my love of form and expression to reignite my desire to do good work as I resume in a week or so.

P.S. I found this piece by Ossip Zakine




No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts