Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hospital heads

We have made it through the most difficult week in my 65 years - we have been watching my son in London Critical care unit on that line between life and death. Things are more stable now but still critical.
I spent last Monday night on a chair in a hospital corridor with little or no sleep. Above flourecent lights make pools of yellow light - there are night staff on floor cleaners droning up and down - I read posters and notices that don't concern me.
At 5.30 in the morning I pick up a biro and draw.
The 13th C has been absorbed over past weeks - I instinctively draw heads in series.
Here they are, an A4 sheet of twelve male heads.
I scribble 'Kings 5.30am' in the bottom corner and return to the waiting room where nothing changed except that the dawn slowly dispersed that sickly yellow/green fluorescent light and another day began.




No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts