Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Looking at paintings



The effect of art

As show preparations continue I find myself 'looking' at the paintings. Some sense of satisfaction would be nice, but is rarely felt. Anxiety is present instead. An unsureness on my part is better than satisfaction for new has no comparisons, there is no 'is it as good as' for me. I must only refer to 'is that what I wanted'. That there some tension or energy in the work is so important as a life giving element.
To connect with people I must engage with them internally via the work. Expectation is a moving target, as unknown as tomorrow.
I am on a fixed course now, the work is done, May 4 & 6 will be here very shortly and your opportunity to see the show for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts