Saturday, June 15, 2013

Putting colour in the cafe



This is a distinct place to be with a picture, much is established and yet it is still only a series of coloured patches. I have spent most of the day appliying colour, starting in the middle and then moving left, then from the middle againworking to the right. It is methodical. Before that, I stood for a while and thought about colour and mixed six piles of colour from my delicious Harding oils.

This gives me a platform from where to work next, subsequent colour will become looser but within the set bounds of what is established. The next layer will allow much of this layer to show, it will code it more using this foundation as a launching cradle, chance and invention are good, but too much leads to mayhem and failure for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts