Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer



This shows the leap from thumbnail to oil paint.
I draw many thumbnails, a repeating series of scribbles to grow an idea
then when something gels - I stop
I look for a dynamic, a narrative, a pattern or something to spark life beyond the norm.
I saw it in that tiny 6cm drawing - and moved on the 60cm canvas
Saturday I had washed and dashed some colour on the white primer.
Today I mix and apply colour with Coltrane as a soundtrack
Realism is allowed while judging its worth in abstract values,
parallel values that complement each other and merge their personalities into a single voice.
The next session when dry will seek to progress the 'life spark' forward
not dissimilar to walking with a candle in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts